E-beam bioreduction is a safe, effective, and efficient processing technology used to eliminate bioburden on a wide variety of products, like labware and ingredients in cosmetics. Many products have bioburdens that could cause problems with their end usage. E-BEAM Services provides fast, effective, precision controlled, e-beam bioreduction services designed to safely reduce or eliminate microbial organisms. This sterilization alternative requires less regulatory compliance and is a good option for manufacturers who are not claiming terminal sterility, but who want the extra assurance of a cleaner product.
Products requiring a bioburden reduction are not subject to the same regulatory requirements as sterilization but are processed in the same manner as sterilization products, so you see the same benefits.
Our method of bioreduction uses a process that is precisely controlled by advanced electronics and monitored using state of the art film dosimeters. We typically process products in their final packaging, giving us the ability to ship direct to customers, thereby saving you time and money. The rapid sterilization process and low-cost pricing allows you to practice just-in-time inventory by scheduling shipments when you need them, as often as you need them.
Who It’s For:
E-beam bioreduction is a safe, effective, and efficient processing technology used to eliminate bioburden on a wide variety of products, like labware and ingredients in cosmetics. Processing at E-BEAM is the most cost-effective method for low to medium density products, but not a good fit for extremely dense materials.
As the largest contract electron beam provider in the U.S., we offer capacity for large volume processing and provide a team of experts to deliver support.
- Equipment for lab usage
- Products for clinical trials
- Ingredients in cosmetics
- Tattoo artist equipment
- Pet food and treats
- Treatment of export products
Advantages of e-beam over ETO (also referred to as EO, ethylene oxide, ethylene oxide gas):
- E-beam provides quick-turn terminal sterilization with simple, clean, on/off technology. There is no carcinogenic gas needed and there are no residuals, so product is able to be immediately released for distribution.
- E-BEAM Services is capable of handling any shipment size, from single boxes to multiple truckloads, and no expensive breathable packaging is required.
- E-BEAM Services can provide step-by-step guidance for starting with e-beam or the conversion from ETO to electron beam sterilization.
Advantages of e-beam over gamma:
- E-beam provides quick-turn terminal sterilization with simple, clean, on/off technology. There are no radioactive sources needed, so there are no security, transportation or disposal concerns.
- The supply of electrons will never be in danger of running out, unlike the source of gamma photons, Cobalt 60.
- E-beam has a faster dose rate than gamma, so there is a reduced risk of product damage. E-beam can even be used on sensitive products like pharmaceuticals and tissue products.
- E-BEAM Services can provide step-by-step guidance for starting with e-beam, or the conversion from gamma to electron beam.
Why it Matters to You:
|Fast turnaround||Less material degradation than gamma|
|Greater mixed lot flexibility||Uniform, precise, & controlled dosing|
|No residuals or quarantine||Environmentally friendly|
|Processed in original packaging||Expedited processing available|
|Cost effective for low to medium density products||Refrigerated/frozen sterilization available|
|Technical expertise and consultation services||Regulatory compliance (FDA, AAMI/ISO, GMP, EU GMP)|