Compound formulations are best developed by those with the experience with such chemistry, such as specialists like AlphaGary, Gendon, Inhol, Saco, and others. While E-BEAM Services does not develop compounds, we can definitely help with the testing and product qualification process.
The steps to qualification typically follow a simple process:
- The compound is formulated and extruded in “tape” or “plaque” form, typically 1 to 6 inches wide and 0.05 to 0.20 inches thick.
- E-BEAM irradiates the samples at several different dose levels to cover a reasonably large range.
- The samples are then tested to determine if the desired properties have been met at one of those dose levels.
- Based on the testing result, a cable sample is constructed and then irradiated at E-BEAM at the preferred dose.
- The cable then goes through final testing to qualify it fully.
As you can see, the process is pretty straightforward. Give us a call and let us see how we can assist you in developing your new jacketing compound!