What products are made using electron beam processing?
- PEX pipe (now used in new home plumbing 4-5 times as often as copper)
- heat shrink tubing
- heat shrink films
- gaskets, electrical connectors and other molded parts (for high-temperature or other demanding service)
- wire and cable insulation (high-performance)
- closed cell foam
- bulk resin pellets (for rheology control; for tailored MI, molecular weight, or long chain branching)
- Teflon® micro powders (chain-scissioned by electrons)
- PTC heaters and switches (positive temperature coefficient)
- irradiation of food products
- gemstones (coloration by electrons)
- advanced composites (curing)
- automobile tires (partial electron beam curing)
- disposable medical devices (sterilization)
It all starts with product development — enabled by your friends (your reliable business partner) E-BEAM Services. We enable the electron beam processing step in your experimental program. Once you have developed your proprietary product, E-BEAM has the high-volume electron beam accelerators for high-volume production. So it’s in E-BEAM’s interest that your e-beam application development is successful.
Do you have an idea (a problem or an opportunity)? Try an experiment using electron beam.